2020 Indian Premier League also known as IPL-13. The number 13 indicates that it is the thirteenth Season for the IPL. It is considered as the prestigious and professional Twenty 20 Cricket League. The important point here is that this IPL was done by BCCI (The Board of Control for Cricket in India) in 2007.
The IPL is in Twenty-20 cricket format. Tournament format is in Double Round – robin and knockout. In this IPL 2020 there are 8 teams participating in the tournament and the link of the official website is www.iplt20.com
Covid-19 effect in T20
Actually, this tournament was supposed to start on March 29, 2020, but was suspended due to the global coronavirus pandemic. But later announced by our Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji, the matches were scheduled to be played between September 19 and November 10, 2020.
In the United Arab Emirates, the Indian government also gave its permission for the tournament. Initially, the BCCI published the first schedule to start on March 29, 2020, between the Mumbai Indians and the Chennai Super Kings at Mumbai Wankhede Stadium, but due to the Corona pandemic it was later postponed. Subsequently there are many postponements in the date due to Corona.
Srilanka first offered to host the tournament, but at that time the Indian government announced the nationwide closure. But later, the Indian government released nationwide restrictions on sporting events. Alone behind closed doors. Finally, the BCCI considered the security that the United Arab Emirates wanted as hosts
On August 28, 2020, Chennai Super Kings team members conducted private tests for the Coronavirus. The other day another player also tested positive because of this BCCI announced some safety rules and many players were replaced in this T20 Cricket.
BCCI also invested around Rs 10 crore for 20000 Covid-19 tests during the IPL. In addition to this, all the players have also decided to wear a Smart Ring, which is a personal health tracking disease during IPL. Monitor the health of each player personally and show their health status.
- Some of the internal changes that took place in the team and the players are.
- Ajinkya Rahane, Trent Boult and Mayank Maskande increased their salary.
- Jayadev Unadkat, who is considered the most expensive Indian player, was also released.
- Pat Cummins was the most expensive player ever bought by the Kolkata Knight riders so far.
Rules and regulations
- All equalizers can only be played in an empty stadium.
- Players were not allowed to use saliva to make the ball shine.
- Generally the captains of both teams shake hands as a symbol of encouragement between them, but this is not allowed after the toss.
- The third referee will declare the front foot no-ball in place of empire on the court.
- At last, teams can be replaced if your team’s player tests positive for Covid-19.
Indian Premier League (IPL) 2020 Schedule Time Table and
You can download the IPL 2020 schedule click here.